Star Wars Episode VII
There is nothing bad with having two small saber extensions on the side. It would've saved Obi Wan from Dooku's arm slash in Episode 2 if he had them. When Dooku and Obi were saber clashing and the Count went right by his saber and cut his shoulder, would've helped if he had the crossguard.

I'm sure the saber will have no "plot significance" that'd be kinda weird imo. Just like how Darth Maul's double blade had no plot significance when it came out but was still an awesome saber when first revealed.

The plot is in the title I'd say.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.-
Bruce Lee

"Honor is a fool's prize. Glory is of no use to the dead" -Darth Bane

Youtube Gaming Channel
New Leaked pic of Episode 7 Sith, his actual face

[Image: 1655969_10202610620136849_58990609064768...b62c48f8c8]
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.-
Bruce Lee

Youtube Gaming Channel
I just mean that it could have some significance to the plot, not necessarily solely about the sword. The reason I think this is because of the flame-like blades. Not normal saber blades. Just seems like a Sith-like/Dark Side kind of sword and not a typical lightsaber.
I designed and manage this website. Consider throwing me your money.
The more I think on this the more I start to predict that maybe the Sith is ancient himself. Maybe Disney got rid of the lore not only to clear the slate for new stories after the movies but to clear the slate for the Old Republic Lore as well.

He could be thousands of years old and his weird lightsaber could also be an ancient lightsaber as well like you theorized Circa.

The whole movie is based off of the "Force" or something awakening. Something old in nature whether that be the force itself or aspects of the dark and light.
Bruce Lee

Youtube Gaming Channel
Interesting. You could be right. I kinda like that, too.
All this Sith talk is making me hungry for more... pls you guys
[Image: IStFemv.jpg] [Image: XvMCTaY.jpg]
Niente è vero, tutto è permesso.
"There has been an awakening" -[DE]- is reviving?
Bruce Lee

Youtube Gaming Channel
We can only hope.
Well, Sidarious, Sensei, Empari, and Martyr were all playing on the server for a few hours. Lookin' good.
Bruce Lee

Youtube Gaming Channel
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs[/youtube]